Who we are
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS) guides the pension experience on behalf of Alberta's public sector pension plans. APS was incorporated in 1995 under Alberta's Business Corporations Act with the Government of Alberta as the sole Shareholder.
What we do
We provide administrative services to more than 500 participating employers across Alberta.
We also provide pension-related services to over 350,000 members and pensioners.
We manage approximately $5.9 billion in pension plan funds annually through receipts and disbursements to and from employers, members and other pension plans.
Just a few of the trusted pension services we provide include:
- Contributions management
- Member, pensioner and employer information management
- Member, pensioner and employer communications
- Benefit calculations
- Benefit disbursements
- Plan board services
- Policy development and implementation
- Communications design and delivery
- Compliance, regulatory and plan financial reporting
How we serve
APS is responsible for administering seven statutory pension plans under the direction of four pension boards and the Government of Alberta, as well as two supplementary retirement plans:
- Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP)
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP)
- Special Forces Pension Plan (SFPP)
- Provincial Judges and Masters in Chambers Registered Pension Plan
- Provincial Judges and Masters in Chambers Unregistered Pension Plan
- Members of the Legislative Assembly Pension Plan (Closed 1989)
- Supplementary Retirement Plan for Public Service Managers
- Public Service Management (Closed Membership) Pension Plan (Closed Plan)
Why we do it
Relentlessly pursuing excellence in pension benefits administration, to serve those who serve Albertans.
As a pension benefits administrator serving Albertans, we are knowledgeable, caring professionals committed to guiding the pension experience, delivering the highest standard of accurate, cost-effective service.
All employees at APS take pride in three common elements:
SERVICE - we make every interaction count
QUALITY - what we do, we do well
ACCOUNTABILITY - we take responsibility