August 4, 2016
Member and Employer Information Session Special Edition
Welcome to this special edition of Pension e-news which contains details on the fall member one on one information sessions. Consider downloading your plan's member information poster to use in your internal communications newsletter and/or intranet. That way members will know when, where and how they can access information about their pension.
Member One-on-One Sessions
Members who are nearing a pension-related life event, such as a retirement or termination from their plan, or those who have specific questions about their pension, can inquire about booking a one-on-one information session with a pensions specialist.
There are two ways members can register for a session:
1. Go online to mypensionplan.ca
2. Call the Member Services Centre to register for a session
Sessions run until the end of the year and are scheduled across the province. Sessions are also available year-round at APS' Windermere office located in Edmonton.
Member One-on-One Sessions:
- Lethbridge - Provincial Building, Room A2:51 200 - 5th Avenue South - Sept. 20,21,22, 2016
- Airdrie - Best Western 121 Edmonton Trl SE, Airdrie - Sept. 29, 2016
- Peave River - Provincial Bldg / Main Floor Room 110, 9621 - 96 Avenue - Oct. 12,13, 2016
- Medicine Hat - Provincial Bldg Room 306, 346 - 3rd Street SE - Oct 18, 19, 2016
- Calgary - Holiday Inn, 1250 McKinnon Drive NE, Calgary, AB - Alpha Room - Oct 25,26,27, 2016
- Red Deer - Provincial Bldg, 4th Floor - 4920 -51 Street Red Deer, AB - Parkland Room - Nov 7,8,9, 2016
- Grand Prairie - Provincial Bldg - 3rd floor - Room 3902, 10320 - 99 Street - Nov 8,9,10, 2016
- Calgary - Holiday Inn, 1250 McKinnon Drive NE, Calgary, AB - Alpha Room - Nov 22,23,24, 2016
- Red Deer - Provincial Bldg, 4th Floor - 4920 -51 Street Red Deer, AB - Parkland Room - Nov 22,23,24, 2016
Monthly Account Statements
Monthly Account Statements end have now being generated for those employers that have an account balance as at June 2016 month end. To check for a Statement in the Employer Portal, go to 'Reports & Documents' and select 'Document Viewer' in the drop down list. As seen in the below pictured sample, enter your employer number, select 'Document Category' and select 'Statement of accounts' in the drop down list. Click on 'Search'. (Ignore the report name in 'Event Type' since it is not being selected.)
Click on the 'Statement of accounts - ER# (APS)' and the pdf copy will appear in the bottom left corner.