Public Service Management (Closed Membership) Pension Plan (Closed Plan)
The Public Service Management Pension Plan was established in 1972 to provide pension benefits for management employees of the Alberta government and approved agencies, boards and commissions.
Effective retroactive to August 1, 1992, new legislation was passed that divided the Public Service Management Pension Plan into two separate plans:
- the Public Service Management (Closed Membership) Pension Plan (Closed Plan); and
- the Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP).
Members who had terminated from the plan or commenced to receive a pension before August 1, 1992, as well as those who had 35 years of pensionable service by that date, became members of the Closed Plan. Funding for the Closed Plan is the responsibility of the Government of Alberta.
Members who remained active on August 1, 1992 became members of MEPP.
More information about these plans can be found on the MEPP website.
- Pensioner Information Sheet - Provides important information on a number of topics.
- Retirement Application Form
- Designation of Beneficiary Form
- Direct Deposit Form
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)
- The COLA for 2017 is 0.78 per cent on base pension. For more information, see Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA).
Contacting Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS)
For pension recipient inquiries such as death notification, direct deposit or information changes. To contact our Member Services Centre staff: